Monday, January 10, 2011

2 Month Appointment!!

Today was the big day. The day that I have been dreading since she was born... her 2 month shots. I have heard horror stories about how my friends babies screamed and cried and were miserable for DAYS after their 2 month shots. So I went in there, expecting the worse and praying for the best! We both went in, I was trying to be strong and hold her as the nurse started to give my peaceful, calm, beautiful baby the first of three shots. Well about 2 seconds into the first shot, Kinsley lost it and so did I. I started crying and Anthony had to take over... thank the Lord for him, I couldn't have done it by myself. After the last of the 3 shots, Kinsley started to calm down and was smiling before we left the room. I on the 0ther hand was a emotional mess for about 5 minutes. I felt a little ridiculous, since my 2 month old, who actually got the shots, was totally fine and I still get teary-eyed thinking about what the did to my sweet baby girl! Oh well, I guess I will get better at this as she gets older! As for her weight and height- Kinsley is in the 60th percentile for both. My little monkey officially weighs 10lbs 7oz and is 22 inches long! She is getting so big and just more and more beautiful each day! :)
Before the shots- she, nor I knew what was coming!
After her shots! Still a happy baby!

As most of you know NayNay, my mother, had to make an emergency trip to Virginia this past Thursday to help me out. Kinsley had decided to go on a sleep strike for 3 days and was just inconsolable. She was just not going to sleep and there was nothing that anyone could do to make her. She was throwing up her food sometimes and having some constipation. I was at a loss of what to do next and the "doctor" we went to this past Friday was a joke (she wanted us to take her to the ER for an X-ray- an X-ray!? yeah right lady, she's 2 months and that's not happening). So at this 2 month appointment I told her actual pediatrician what was going on and I asked what we could do, and come to find out my little Kinsley has acid reflux, which is causing her the tummy issues as well as not sleeping (she can't get settled enough to sleep). She has been sleeping a little better since Mom got here and hopefully with the medicine that they gave her she will be back to a routine in no time. But don't think that any of this has stopped my sweet baby from being the cutest little thing :) She just coos and smiles all the time, the pediatrician got a kick out of her, she just has the best little personality!
PS- Kinsley started rolling over from her tummy to her back all by herself!! No propping or pushing by us- she just flips herself right on over!! Its so much fun to watch and I can't wait to hit all the other milestones with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment