My Big Baby Girl! Almost 8 weeks! 8 WEEKS! Geez, it seems like I was just writing about her 1 month milestones. I have some free time so I am blogging a few days early this time :)Well not a lot has changed in the last month in milestone terms. She still loves to be swayed and she is still a grunting machine! :) Here are some new/old things that she is doing that I just couldn't live with out!
She is smiling all of the time! She has a way of melting our hearts (especially Daddy's) with that perfect smile...
She has begun to copy us, if we stick out our tongue she will stick out hers...
She has perfected a fake cry. She pokes out that bottom lip and it starts to quiver- and it breaks your heart and OF COURSE I do what she wants and once I do it immediately stops and a big ole' smile comes across her face! Can you say SUCKER!! I am getting better at picking the fake out from all the rest though.
She loves her sing along puppy that she got for Christmas- she just smiles and wiggles as we sing along!
Kinsley is a BIG talker- She just gabbs and gabbs at us, I would give anything to know what she is actually saying, i'm sure she has a lot to tell us!
She is a little night owl. She will not go to bed before midnight, something that we are trying to fix! *see below*
She loves to go for rides in Daddy's truck...
She is wearing 3 month clothes now :) big girl
She still hates being on her tummy during tummy time but loves being on her back, so she can she all the toys...
She started taking naps in her crib this month, mommy is having a hard time with this- I worry too much with her being upstairs...
She likes to help hold the bottle when Daddy feeds her...
Kinsley is a cuddlier, I would hold that sweet baby forever if I could
She likes to dance, well she likes to be in your arms while you dance around the room :)
Again I could go on and on.. but I realize that even though I could, no one wants to hear me go on forever about her :)
Getting Kinsley On OUR Schedule!!!
So... my little sweet baby has set herself on her own schedule- She wakes up at 9:30am or 10am- takes two 30 minute naps during the afternoon- a 3 hour nap at 7pm- then she goes to bed at 12- YEP, that's right! 12 as in Midnight... and not a minute sooner! Needless to say- after 8 weeks of this- it's time for a better schedule! Although this is fine for me since she sleeps until 10 and only wakes up once to nurse but with Daddy getting up super early in the morning, going to bed at 12 is not an option for him. So today we started our "new & improved" schedule.
She got up at 6AM, nursed, play time, and then took an hour and a half nap at 8AM
At 9:30AM she woke up, nursed, play time, then a hour and 15 minute nap at 11:45AM
1PM she woke up, nursed, had play time, and then an hour and a half nap at 4PM
5:30PM she woke up, nursed, play time (it was everything I could do to keep her awake during this time since she usually takes her normal nap at this time), and then at 7:20PM she took her bath, had a bedtime story, nursed, and then went down for the night at 8:15PM
It is 10:15PM and as of now (knock on wood) she is still asleep. I honestly don't know what to do with myself... she has NEVER gone down this early... I feel like I am supposed to be doing something but I have NOTHING to do.... this is weird....
Today went surprisingly well and I have to give credit to God for that, I was praying HARD, and recruited a few others to send us up in prayer. There was only a few episodes of crying, only because she was so tired and I wouldn't let her sleep- but overall it was a fun day. We did lots of playing and with her actually napping during the day I was able to get things done around the house. I am so glad I finally got the courage to get her on a schedule that works for all of us verses just her. Lets see how the night goes........ :)
Anthony, Kinsley, Buddy, and I enjoyed our Christmas at home in Virginia. We set up the tree, decorated the house, opened presents, and started our own Christmas traditions. We had a yummy ham smoked by my hubby and all the yummy sides to go with it. We opened up presents- and apparently it was a little too much for Kinsley since she passed out after her first gift. Needless to say, I look like a weirdo on the video recorder showing my sleeping baby all the presents she got... and she got ALOT! We are blessed with such wonderful parents and family that along with us, spoiled her rotten. The Christmas decorations and tree are put away now and in the trees place is Kinsley's new play area and mat. It's pretty awesome, and we spend
most of our day over there playing.
I can't wait to bring in the New Year with my little family and see what 2011 holds for us! We are headed to Texas at the end of January so that little Ms. Kinsley can meet all her family and friends- she is going to be a busy, busy girl!!



'We are headed to Texas at the end of January so that little Ms. Kinsley can meet all her family and friends' But surely, to meet ALL her family and friends, little Ms. Kinsley would need a 'world tour' including midwestern USA & Great Britain? - hey when she's ready i'll get t-shirts done...:-) "Kinsley's World Tour 202X, ....has a certain ring to it. More seriously, i hope you have a wonderful trip to Texas, and that you both can enjoy getting thoroughly pampered for a few days! Best Wishes - Gramps
ReplyDelete