Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Already One Month

Kinsley Ava Cox
I can't believe my little baby girl is one month old already!! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing this tiny 7 pound piece of Heaven home and now she is A MONTH OLD!! Can we slow this down a little please??!! These last 5 weeks have been the most rewarding and fantastic weeks I have ever experienced. I never thought I would love someone this much, God truly blessed us when He gave us Kinsley and for that I will be forever thankful. As I sit here, typing away, my little angel is fast asleep in my arms. This is how she spends most of her time, and even if I do spoil her, I wouldn't have it any other way. There is nothing better than a sleeping baby in your arms and I could just watch her sleep for hours, she is just absolutely perfect. She has such a cute and funny personality and my heart melts every time she gives me that beautiful all gums smile. She is everything I imagined she would be and so much more. Since I have this blog I thought it would be a good place to write down some of the things that she has done since she can into my life and that I love/couldn't live without :)

The things you love and the things I love about you...
-the fact that you like to be swayed, not rocked... don't mix up the two ;)
-your hands must be in your face at all times...

-your sweet little coo you make when you just wake up in the morning...

-the scowly face you make when you are not liking what mommy and daddy are doing...

-the fact that you are a grunting/farting machine- haha, we call you our little gremlin...

-every time you make this monkey face with your lips all puckered up, you have this sweet little sigh afterwards, like you are letting it all out...
-you sleep SO well at night- usually 5 straight hours and then you wake up, nurse, and go back down with out any trouble- Mommy loves this :) ...

-the way you smile with that huge all gum smiles when you see daddy or I or when we say "hey baby"...

-the way you hold on to my fingers when we are just hanging out...

-how mad you get during tummy time, you get so frustrated when you can't do exactly what you want...

-our singing song time- you smile and listen even though mommy and daddy are horrible singers...
-I love our "talking time" you have a lot to tell us...
-when you will actually take your paci, you fall asleep with your it hanging out of your mouth, I don't know how it stays there...

-the wide-eyed look you get when Buddy comes up to you... you still haven't quite figured out what he is :) but he loves you...

-you love your bath time, just not getting out of the bath tub...

-you have to be swaddled to sleep, those little arms wake you up every time if I don't- and even then you find a way to get your arms out, little Houdini :) ...
I could go on and on... she is just so amazing to me.

We are just a few days away from Christmas and I can't wait to start new traditions and enjoy experiencing Kinsley's "firsts" with her, like seeing the snow, reading the Christmas story from the Bible, leaving cookies for Santa, 'opening' presents (I realize that I will be doing most of these things while she watches but you know), and then wrapping it all up with bringing in the New Year with my new family! My life is only going to get better from here and I can't wait to see what the new year will bring for the Cox Family!

I'll leave you with some pictures and a little video of my sweet Kinsley!





Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!










No comments:

Post a Comment