Our little bundle of joy, Kinsley Ava Cox, finally made her arrival on November 6th at 2:47pm and weighing in 7 lbs. even! Even though she was a week and a couple days overdue, she was not in any kind of rush to make her appearance. After 32 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing- we finally heard that sweet little cry that I will remember for the rest of my life. I loved her in my belly and I can not explain how overwhelmed with love and pride I was as soon as I heard that sweet sound. My whole purpose in life changed in a matter of seconds, as Anthony and I became parents to this perfect little angel.The back story-
We left for Fort Belvior Hospital at about 5 o'clock on Friday morning expecting to be induced at 6 o'clock on the dot! Only to find out that they did not write us into the schedule to b
e induced that day and that we would just have to wait and see if they had any room. If only I had known that was not going to be the first or the last time we would have to wait that day, haha. After all the mix up they had us in a room by 8am and I was on the Pitocin (sp?) by 8:30am. I was at 2cm at this point but the contractions weren't going to wait for my body to catch up. They started 5 minutes apart and pretty strong from the beginning, and kept on from there. 12 hours later I was still stuck but the contractions were now coming 2 minutes apart and now they were getting too much to handle. EPIDURAL TIME!!!! Whoever came up with this wonderful drug I can not say thank you enough. It was A-MAZING! (minus the whole mishap with my left leg-
I now have paresthesia- my left leg is complete numb from the thigh up due to bad placement of the epidural and it soaking my nerves in the medicine. The anesthesiologist said it could last anywhere from 5 days to 6 months- yeah thanks doctor... 3 weeks later and still no feeling!! but anywho...) Fast forward to 3:30 the next morning- the epidural wore off, I was still not progressing, and the dreaded c-section word was being thrown around by my doctors. They were going to make the final call at 5:30 and until then I could not have anymore drugs- not cool, at all. After 2 hours of fun :) they finally decided that they were going to give me some more time and best of all more drugs!!! At 10 am , and after an hour or two of sleep (finally!) we were ready for the big event!! At 11:30am I started to push and 3 hours later, our beautiful baby girl was welcomed into the world!! It was the hardest but the most rewarding thing I have ever done, and I would do it all over 10 fold. She is just the most beautiful, sweetest, perfect little baby I have ever laid my eyes on!
We left for Fort Belvior Hospital at about 5 o'clock on Friday morning expecting to be induced at 6 o'clock on the dot! Only to find out that they did not write us into the schedule to b
e induced that day and that we would just have to wait and see if they had any room. If only I had known that was not going to be the first or the last time we would have to wait that day, haha. After all the mix up they had us in a room by 8am and I was on the Pitocin (sp?) by 8:30am. I was at 2cm at this point but the contractions weren't going to wait for my body to catch up. They started 5 minutes apart and pretty strong from the beginning, and kept on from there. 12 hours later I was still stuck but the contractions were now coming 2 minutes apart and now they were getting too much to handle. EPIDURAL TIME!!!! Whoever came up with this wonderful drug I can not say thank you enough. It was A-MAZING! (minus the whole mishap with my left leg-
I now have paresthesia- my left leg is complete numb from the thigh up due to bad placement of the epidural and it soaking my nerves in the medicine. The anesthesiologist said it could last anywhere from 5 days to 6 months- yeah thanks doctor... 3 weeks later and still no feeling!! but anywho...) Fast forward to 3:30 the next morning- the epidural wore off, I was still not progressing, and the dreaded c-section word was being thrown around by my doctors. They were going to make the final call at 5:30 and until then I could not have anymore drugs- not cool, at all. After 2 hours of fun :) they finally decided that they were going to give me some more time and best of all more drugs!!! At 10 am , and after an hour or two of sleep (finally!) we were ready for the big event!! At 11:30am I started to push and 3 hours later, our beautiful baby girl was welcomed into the world!! It was the hardest but the most rewarding thing I have ever done, and I would do it all over 10 fold. She is just the most beautiful, sweetest, perfect little baby I have ever laid my eyes on! We have had a great 3 weeks, lots of her sleeping in our arms (my favorite), singing songs, and just spending time with her. And yes, I cried when she turned one week old...and two weeks old... and three weeks old.....I just can't believe how fast it is going by. I want her to stay little forever!


So it only took me 3 weeks to finally get back blogging.. I am going to try and be better with all of the holidays coming up but you know how it is- being a mommy comes first and its a rare moment that I find to only myself. I wouldn't have it any other way though- I love being Kinsley Ava's Momma!


No comments:
Post a Comment