We heard that wonderfully, fantastic, beautiful, little heartbeat on Thursday. It was a day that we will ALWAYS remember and the best little sound we could have ever imagined. Nothing could have prepared me for that, it was the best!! It was amazing!
The night before a million thoughts were running through my mind. What if there was nothing in there, afterall I have had a great (almost too good to be true) 1st trimsemester-no real morning sickness and everything else has been good. Or what if there were 2 heartbeats- what would we do then. Needless to say I got NO SLEEP and was SO ready to get into that Doctor's Office! If only they opened at 3 A.M.- Ugh!
But I made the wait.... and at 9:45 sharp I began pacing back and forth in the waiting room. Finally, my name was called and you would have thought I won the lottery! I raced to the door,where the nurse waited, with the biggest smile on my face. Alright, we are here, no turning back, let's do this. After expressing my fears to the Doc about nothing actually being in there, and his reassuring, "No, No, No. Everything will be fine!" I began to feel the butterflies pass me by. You could have heard a pin drop as he placed the microphone thingy on my belly and started the search for little Baby Cox.
He started in the center and then on my right side, there it was!! Our sweet little baby's heartbeat. I immediately started crying and Anthony had the biggest smile on his face, like none I had ever seen before, followed by the words WOW! It was really real! That was OUR BABY! (and there really is something in there! Hallelujah!! ). Anthony was able to record the heartbeat on his i-Phone so that my parents could hear it in Texas and his in Ohio. Anthony and I must have listened to it a 100 times over and over... and still listening, it is just so amazing- I can't even wrap my head around it. We go on the 20th to find out if we are having a little boy or a little girl! I am SOOOOOO excited, I can't to buy it it's first little tiny outfit. Poor Anthony's wallet :)
These upcoming weeks are are going to be a crazy, fun-filled, jam-pack whirlwind!! Anthony Commissions as a Lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Graduates from NU, my family is coming, his family is coming, and we are having a HUGE party! Wheww, better get some sleep while I can!
See Ya'll on the 30th!!!
-The Cox Fam
Anthony, Whitney, Baby Cox, and Buddy Bear!


No comments:
Post a Comment