Saturday, January 9, 2010

The New Year in Texas

After our wonderful and relaxing Christmas at home we braved the Vermont snow weather to make it home for New Years and my best friends wedding! I never thought it would be such an ordeal, but I am cursed when it comes to airports (i'm not kidding, I have the worst luck- ask anyone)! After Driving through a White Out-which made the trip to the airport increase from 35 minutes to 3 hours- and almost missing our flight, we finally got on the plane to come home..Did I mention it was a puddle jumper? and that it was frozen?? Just my luck- after sitting on the runway for an hour waiting for them to de-ice our plane followed by a slipper skidding take off of the plane as we went back and forth down the icy runway. We finally made it though and it was all worth it because I got to spend time with my amazing family! We spent 2 days down in Cajun Country (Louisiana- for those of you that don't know) for Allyson and Trent's New Year's Eve Wedding. Ally was gorgeous and the wedding was beautiful, and I'll tell you what, those Cajuns can party!! We got to spend 2 extra days with my family in Longview due to a NorEaster snowstorm in VT that cancelled our flight.... but this time the curse was in my favor! I LOVE, love, love, going home to see my family- it just feels so right and I can't wait til we are closer to home....

So, even after all my goodies I got from my Hubby on our Christmas together we got to have another Christmas with my family. My parents are the most amazing and selfless people I know and gave Anthony a grill guard for his truck and me half the money to get my dream camera (which is also ridiculously expensive)- So as of yesterday, I am the VERY PROUD owner of a Canon Rebel T1i EOS 500D!!!! Thank you Dad, Mom and Anthony!!!!! I am so excited to use it here in Vermont where God has pretty much set up the perfect landscape :)

New Years Resolutions:
Dun, Dun, DUN...... Here they come..... I always make them and never go through with them so I am determined to make it stand this year. As for mine; To improve my relationship with God, To live a less stressful life (don't sweat the small stuff), Get myself organized, and get my a** in Shape!! So far- I have been great on the not sweating the small stuff and the getting myself organized (suprised?, yeah- me too) and pretty good about eating healthier and working out-well I could work out some more..... As for bettering my relationship with God- that is a work in progress and one that I will continue to strive towards. I WILL keep these goals..as ya'll as my witnesses, I will- I will!!
So, I leave you with a picture of my beautiful camera :) with a pictures of Anthony's grill guard to soon follow (hey- it was raining all day and I was not taking my camera in the rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment