Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ahhhh the Snow Has Come.... And It's Not Stoppin'

December had finally arrived and we still had not had any big snow storms. It would fall and then be gone within the next couple days but no snow in December?? Could this be happening? Had my prayers been answered? It was looking pretty good for me, I was CONVINCED that this wasn't going to be as bad of a Winter as they had predicted! Maybe I could squeak through December with no snow- Ahh, how nice would that be!!. On the 8th, Anthony had brought the salt, shovel & ice scrapers out and me being my naive self, made fun of him. I think my direct words were, "Baby, if it hasn't snow yet, then I don't think its going to snow anytime soon."

Oh Boy was I WRONG!!
That night, we had a HUGE and I mean HUGE snowstorm. It dropped about 9 inches of snow that night, schools were cancelled (which means I got a day off of work, whooo hooo), and even the weatherman was advising people not to drive. All I can say is when I am wrong-which doesn't happen much :) - I am way wrong. We spent the day playing in the snow, and Anthony finally got to test out his new truck in the snow. We went driving around our little sleepy town and it was so pretty. Everything was so white and fresh looking. I had forgotten how much I love the snow.


Buddy loved the snow as well, he immediately stuck his face in the snow and twirled in circles and tried to catch some snowflakes on his tongue. Oh yeah, that's right, that's his little tongue sticking out, isn't he adorable!!

He was made to be in snow and as I was shoveling off the back deck, he was right next to me trying to catch the snow that I was throwing over my shoulder. I never thought I could love a dog so much, haha... Well, needless to say it started snowing last Tuesday night and hasn't stopped since....


Winter is here to stay and since it is our last up here, I plan on taking advantage of it. This previous weekend my cousin came down from New York City to go snowboarding with us. We woke up on Sunday, got all our snowboarding gear on and headed to the mountain. Even though it was crowded, because of opening weekend, and despite the fact that I got plowed down at the knees by a Kamikazee 5-year old, we had so much fun. Well until it was time to leave, haha. We had time for one more run and so we decided to take the big lift up to the top of the mountain. Anthony and I went ahead and went down the trail together and we thought Aubin was right behind us. There I go thinking again.. I really should know better. After 10 minutes of waiting at the bottom, near the lodge, Anthony decided to go get the truck and have it warm and waiting- sounds like a great plan huh? Wrong... 20 minutes pass, still no Aubin and the snowstorm is making the visibility almost impossible. The ski lifts are shutting down and I am becoming alittle worried. 30 minutes pass by, everyone is gone, I am standing at the bottom of the trails with wild thoughts of her flying off a cliff, or being eaten by some wild animals. I ran into the lodge and explained the situation. They immediately got on their walkie talkies and began the search for my cousin. Just then, who do I see coming down the mountain! It was Aubeano! I was so scared/mad/relieved that I ran outside and just yelled at her, hahaha. She had taken off her snowboard, used it as a sled, and then on top of it all, had gone down an unmarked trail-through a creek and was soaked from head to toe.... hahaha it was awesome- As we walked out to the empty parking lot we both got a good laugh at the fact that I almost sent a Helicopter out to look for her. Ahh good memories :)

We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Remember the reason for the season and my God bless you in all that you do!
P.S. Here is a picture of my Beautiful Tree! :) I love Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Why am I just now reading this? I love the post and I am still baffled that you live OFF... WHERE IT SNOWS!!!! I also LOVE the pics.. the one with the gate is BEAUTIFUL! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete