Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh How We Miss Jamaica...



We just got back from a FANTASTIC vacation in Montego Bay, Jamaica, where we spent our 2nd Anniversary at a Sandals all-inclusive resort.


It was the most beautiful and relaxing trip and was the perfect ending to our hectic summer. Anthony had been at OCS in Quantico for 6 weeks, I had been trying to keep myself busy while he was gone with work, travel, and having family visit. But now that it was over it was time to vacay!!


We spent our days lying on the beach, kayaking, snorkeling, meeting new couples, swimming and just enjoying our time away from it all. No cell phones, no TVs, no worries, it was perfect. I don't think we had ever been so relaxed, we had nothing to do, and were waited on hand and foot.


During the evening, we ate at different restaurants (all super fancy), enjoyed the live entertainment and dodging the kamikaze crabs along the beach- Anthony was fasinated by there crazy size and courage. I was fasinated by the roaming peacocks that the had walking all around the resort, they were just amazingly beautiful and I joked with Anthony that now I wanted one as a pet :)


Anthony came back with a beautiful tan and I came back burnt as a lobster.. haha. It was pretty bad but thanks to my wonderful husband and the spa that had a cooling water lilly massage- I was back out in the sun and snokeling in no time.
The vacation was a great reminder as to why we said our “I do’s” two years prior (i'm a lucky girl) and we can’t wait to go back on vacation as soon as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment